|Until 1920, the park was owned by Charleroi businessmen Robert S. Coyle, Tom P. Sloan, D.M. McCloskey and John K. Tener. At that time, it was sold to Bert Miller and his mother, Anna M. Miller, of Connellsville. The Pressey family owned the park in 1937 when fire destroyed the park.
|Shady Grove Park started as a picnic park. Amusement rides were believe to have been first introduced in 1905.