|History:||The Roller Coaster closed after an accident on October 11, 1888. From reports of the ensuing lawsuit, this was a linear switch-back type ride, and the collision occurred when a train returned on the first track rather than being switched to the second track. Possibly an unlicensed copy, since this is not in a 1888 list of Thompson switchbacks, and the lawsuit mentioned only James Reid (probably the lessee) and the state fair association (builder and owner).
The lower floor of the roller coaster building had facilities for serving ice cream and lemonade which continued until at least 1891, when it was converted into the Eden Musee. Apparently it was still called the Roller Coaster Building at that time.