|Originally called "The Park on the Palisades" when the Bergen County Trolley Company opened the park in 1898. In 1907 the park was purchased by August Neumannm the fist mayor of Cliffside Park. In 1908 August hired Alvin H. Dexter to add rides and attractions to the park. The park opened under the name "Palisades Amusement Park" until Alvin died in 1909. The brothers Joseph and Nicholas Schenck purchased the park in 1910 and renamed it to "Schenck Brothers Palisade Park". In 1934 the Schenck brothers leased the park to the brothers Jack and Irving Rosenthal. Rosenthal's bought the park in 1935 after the Schenck Brothers became involved in the movie business. They then called the park "Palisades Amusement Park". Jack Rosenthal died of Parkinson's disease leaving Irving the sole owner of the park.
The parks success later became one the reasons for it's demise. Due to traffic and parking problems the town of Cliffside Park rezoned the land Palisades Amusement Park occupied for high rise development in 1967. This made the land much more valuable. But Irving did not sell right away, but being in his 70s and with no family to pass the park on to, he finally sold the park to the Texas based Winston Centex corporation for over $12 million.|