Today MCU Park (formerly KeySpan Park) opened in 2001 -- a 6,500 seat minor league baseball stadium used by the Brooklyn Cyclones exists on the former site of Steeplechase Park.
Norman Kaufman leased the land from Trump and later the City of New York from 1967 to 1981 when the city would not renew Norman's lease. Norman then relocated his park a few blocks to the east.
Steeplechase Park had a devastating fire during the 1907 season and was rebuilt for the 1908 season.
Today, the Parachute Jump is all that that remains of Steeplechase Park.
Owner / Operator
Steeplechase Park was created by George C. Tilyou. Around 1912 George died and his children operated the park until selling in February 1965 to Fred C. Trump (Donald Trump's father) for 2.5 million dollars. Unable to change the zoning to allow for housing, Fred demolished most of the park and later sold it to the City of New York in 1969.