Sans Souci was located on the southwest corner of South Cottage Grove Avenue and East 60th Street, just south of Washington Park. The 10 acre park extended to East 61st Street and Langley Avenue.
In February 1913 Sans Souci's owners encountered financial problems and sold the park. The new owners removed many of the amusement rides and operated the casino, skating rink and ballroom with the help of outside concessionaires. This operation was unsuccessful and the park closed after the 1913 season. The owners then redeveloped the park into "Midway Gardens", a large summer concert garden designed by architect Frank Lloyd Wright. Midway Gardens was later demolished and most of the land was redeveloped into housing following World War II.