Ravenna Park

Shorewood, Wisconsin, USA

Defunct, Operated from 1872 to 1916

MapsParks nearby

Defunct Roller Coasters (3)

NameTypeDesignOpenedClosed
Dazy DazerWoodSit Down1906 - 19101910 - 1916
JollierWoodSit Down1906 - 19091910 - 1916
L.A. Thompson Scenic RailwayWoodSit Down19051910 - 1916

Details

Former names:Wonderland on the River (1905 to 1908)
Coney Island (1900 to 1904)
Zweitusch's Mineral Springs (? to 1899)
Lueddeman's-On-The-River (1872 to ?)
Location:Based on a Sanborn map from 1910, Ravenna Park was located north of the present day historical marker. The Sanborn map shows Newton Avenue's, Menlo Boulevard's and perhaps Beverly Road's western terminus being Oakland Avenue. The park was west of this location and bordered by the present day streets of Bevrely Road, Oakland Avenue, Menlo Boulevard, and the Oak Leaf Trail. The Oak Leaf Trail was a railroad in 1910.
History:The book The Golden Age of Roller Coasters in Vintage Postcards states: "Wonderland, however, was not a successful park, and in the spring of 1912 it was scheduled for demolition and all of the rides were offered for sale". Other sources have the park operating under the Ravenna Park name until 1916. Perhaps this scheduled demolition never occurred.
Notes:A postcard postmarked 7/19/1907 shows one of the park's roller coasters called "The Pike" at "Wonderland on the River". This was probably another name for the "L.A. Thompson Scenic Railway".

Geographic Options

Road Maps

Aerial Imagery

Directions

  • Date
  • Views
  • Rating

by
views
Preferences
Language:
Measure:
Date format:
Econo Mode: