|History:||The park was started by brothers Abe and Louis Slusky on 14 acres on the north side of the Iowa approach of the Ak-Sar-Ben Bridge (US Highway 5 over the Missouri River).|
The park grew to 60 acres until 1964 when the park was reduced to 20 acres to make room for the building of Interstate 480. The wooden roller coaster was removed, but the midway did reopen the following year with a dozen rides.
In 1970 Abe Slusky died of a heart attack. This was the end of amusement park and the rides where moved to Frontier City in Oklahoma City which the brothers had purchased the year before.
The race track continued to operate after the amusement rides were removed until it closed in 1977. Today the area is a city park.
|Notes:||The operating years of 1948 to 1970 represent when the amusement portion of the park existed.|