|Designer:||John A. Miller|
|Construction Supervisor:||Herbert Paul Schmeck|
|History:||A falling out of partners in the park resulted in the park being divided into to distinct, but adjacent parks separated by a concrete wall. See the main park page for more details on this. This park separation is believe to have forced a change in the Pippen's layout and perhaps coincides with the name change to the Giant Coaster.
Photos of the Pippen taken in 1920 show it crossing over railroad tracks and with turns below the dam responsible for the lake. On a 1949 map, the Pippen's station is in the same apparent location, but rather than the crossing the railroad tracks, the roller coaster has a long out-and-back section parallel to the tracks -- completely on the Nallin-Jennings side of the park.