The Giant Thriller was torn down and relocated within the park before the 1929 season. A 1929 story in Billboard Magazine states this was the ride was built partly on land not controlled by park management. Another Billboard magazine story in 1931 claims the move was an example of the park's successful approach to keeping the neighbors happy. A newspaper description of the court-sanctioned settlement of neighbors' lawsuits (in early 1928) seems to indicate that both a roller coaster and a scenic railway were noisy amusement devices at the park.
Damaged by a fire at the end of the 1955 season and rebuilt by NAD in 1956. The rebuild included a variety of modifications designed to make the ride quieter including wider rails and wheels; wheels with a rubber layer between the hub and the steel tire; and sound shielding both on the coaster structure and on the cars. Two new trains were also part of the package.
The number of cars on the Big Beast seems to have changed over the years. When the roller coaster was rebuilt in 1956 by NAD the two new trains were described as consisting of four three-bench cars. The description of the roller coaster for the auction read "three-car wooden roller coaster". Pictures exist showing NAD metal-sided trains consisting of both three and four cars. No dates were published with these photos, but it is probably safe to assume a car was removed from each train between the 1956 rebuilding and the auction.