Originally an out and back design and modified to a figure eight design in 1930.
The opening was previously listed here as both May 17th & 18th, 1924. The Morning Call newspaper from the May18th contains a blurb on the ride, but would have been reporting on the previous day's event: Saturday May 17th, 1924. Another Morning Call article from May 4th stated "Although the formal opening of the new coaster takes place at noon today, it has been in use for the past 5 Sundays, and during that time the people have been standing in line waiting for rides." This would set the opening at March 30th, 1924.