While identified as just "Scenic Railway" on a post card, this thought to have been a descriptive name. The ride was advertised as the "Greatl Scenic Railway" in 1905 and the same in a1908 mention. Confusingly it was mentioned as the "Oriental Railway" in 1905 and 1909 and on a 1911 Sanborn map.
The structure was demolished about the beginning of 1914. Newspaper reports at the time claimed that the structure was badly deteriorated and that the ride had not been run for a couple of seasons, although the equipment was advertised for sale as in good condition. The ride must have run at least until July 4, 1912, since three passengers fell out in an incident that day.