|Elements||Chain Lift Hill|
|Arrangement:||Single train with 3 cars. Riders are arranged 2 across in 3 rows for a total of 18 riders.|
|Built by:||Philadelphia Toboggan Coasters, Inc.|
|Former names:||Giant Coaster (1931 - 1932 to 1995)|
Speed Hound (1930 to 1931 - 1932)
|Former status:||SBNO from 1987 to 1988|
Operated from 6/8/1930 to 1986
The Legend was rebuilt and the train was replaced for the 1989 season -- which corresponds to a change of park ownership.
Severely damaged by a storm in June, 1968.
Although the officially-claimed opening date for the Legend is 1927, there is no evidence for a coaster opening that year based on newspapers from that time. In contrast, newspapers do mention the ride opened June 8, 1930.