After reopening for the 2002 season LeSourdsville Lake closed again for the 2003 season. In early 2003 a note was placed on the park's website stating: "LeSourdsville Lake will be closed in the interim while we are seeking a new management company.".
Owner / Operator
LeSourdsville Lake was founded by Edgar Streifthau in 1922. Edgar brought in Don Dazey as a partner in the 1930s. In 1958 Don passed away and Edgar decided to sell the park.
Howard Berni and Frank Murru, former concession operators from Cedar Point, purchased the park for $550,000 in 1961. They operated the park until forced into bankruptcy in 1990.
Former park managers Joe Faggionato, Guy Sutton, Lenny Gottstein and Don Robison, formed Leisure International and reopened it in 1991. Guy Sutton left the park that same year and the remaining three operated the park until putting it up for sale in 1995.
Park River Corp., owner of Coney Island Ohio, bought Americana in 1996 and invested $4 million in improvements.
Jerry Couch bought the park in May 1999 from Park River Corp and in 2017 he donated it to the city of Monroe to be turned into the Bicentennial Commons Park.
Previously listed as opening on May 10th, 1922 but in Edgar Streifthau's biography the opening is listed as May 8th, 1922.