Meenseweg 497
Ieper, West-Vlaanderen, Belgium

Operating since 7/3/1954

Telephone: +32 (0) 57 46 86 86

PicturesVideosMapsParks nearby

Existing Roller Coasters (4)


Former names:Bellewaerde Park (1972 to 2013)
Safari Bellewaerde (1969 to 1971)
Toeristisch Centrum Bellewaerde (7/3/1954 to 1968)
Operator:Compagnie des Alpes
Fan web sites:BellewaerdeFun
History:Originally opened as a garden and ornithological (study of birds) park named "Toeristisch Centrum Bellewaerde", Dutch for "Tourist Center Bellewaerde".

In 1969, a safari park was added and the park was renamed "Safari Bellewaerde".

A lion area was added in 1972 and the park was renamed to "Bellewaerde Park".  The lions are to this day the park's mascots.

Tigers were added in 1974 and more exotic animals over the following years.  In 1978 the first large amusement rides were added.

The park joined the Walibi Group in 1992.

In 1998 Premier Parks purchased the park. At the time Premier Parks also owned Six Flags Corporation.  In 2000, the Premier Parks name was dropped in favor of the more popular Six Flags brand name.

Six Flags operated the park until early 2004 when Six Flags sold their European parks (excluding their small portion of Warner Bros. Movie World in Madrid, Spain) to Palamon Capitol Partners who now operate the parks under the Star Parks Europe name.

In the spring of 2006 Star Parks sold Bellewaerde Park to Grévin & Cie.

Geographic Options

Road Maps

Aerial Imagery


  • Date
  • Views
  • Rating

Date format:
Econo Mode: