Nunley's carousel was built by Stein & Goldstein. It originally opened in 1912 at Coney Island and Nunley's bought it in 1940. After Nunley's closed, it was was purchased by Nassau County. It was then restored and re-opened in 2009 in its own building adjacent to the Cradle of Aviation Museum on Museum Row.
Owner / Operator
In 1993 King Kullen (a supermarket chain) tried to buy Nunley's but was unsuccessful. In 1995 Nunley's owner sold the land to Pep Boys (an automotive chain).