Defunct Roller Coasters (2)

NameTypeDesignScaleOpenedClosed
Figure 8WoodSit Down1903
SpeedwayWoodSit Down19371983

Details

Former status:Operated from 1879 to ?

History

After the original Eldridge Park closed (in 1983?) it became a city park with three baseball diamonds build over where the Speedway once stood. In the mid-2000s, portions of the park were restored. In 2006 the park's original 1890s Looff carousel returned after being restored by the Eldridge Park Carousel Preservation Society.  In the 2010s, additional rides were added such as a Kiddie Turtle, Pony Carts, train and flyers.

Geographic Options

Road Maps

Aerial Imagery

Directions

  • Date
  • Views
  • Rating

by
views
Preferences
Language:
Measure:
Date format:
Econo Mode: